Hon. Lee E. Cooper
Ventura Superior Court
- U.C.L.A. B.A., Business Adminstration
- U.C.L.A. J.D. Law Review
- Deputy District Attorney, Ventura County 1961 - 1962
- Associate, Law Offices of Robert J. Lagomarsino 1962 – 1964
- Partner, Danch, Ferro, Lagomarsino & Cooper 1965 – 1970
- Judge of the Ventura Municipal Court 1970 – 1986
- Judge of the Ventura Superior Court 1986 – 1991
- Assistant Presiding Judge 1975, 1982 and 1989
- Presiding Judge 1976, 1983 and 1990
Judge Lee E. Cooper has been practicing A.D.R. from his first assignment as an AAA Arbitrator in 1967 to his appointment to the Bench in 1970 through retirement in 1991 and to the present day. His knowledge of ADR methods and formats is extraordinary and he will administer the hearing to the specific requests of counsel.
Judge Cooper has a very easy going style allowing counsel to fully develop their case in a logical manner. His demeanor and judicial temperament is noteworthy as attested to by his long list of ADR clients, notwithstanding being voted by the Eastern Bar Association as “Peacemaker of the Year” 1996 for his remarkable ability to resolve highly contentious and complex disputes.
Judge Cooper limits his ADR assignments to: business disputes, commercial contracts, construction, inverse condemnation, appellate mediation, insurance coverage, employment and labor, medical and legal malpractice, elder abuse, convalescent care, and personal injury.
Judge Cooper is retained for: Arbitration, Mediation, Early Neutral Evaluation, Discovery Referee and Special Master.
Travel areas include counties of: San Luis Obispo, Kern, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Monterey, Mono, Tuolumne and Fresno.