J.D.R.® has created and maintains the most flexible and equitable policy in the legal profession.
All J.D.R.® judges and attorney panel members are *independent contractors* with different hourly rates who reserve their time based upon the good faith requests of counsel. Invoices are based upon time requested and reserved, not time actually used, i.e., there is no refund or credit for unused time. The Calendar Dept. recognizes the fortuitous nature of the legal calendar, inter alia: impending trial dates, early settlement, unforeseen discovery, etc. Unless otherwise provided all pro rata fees are due 30 days prior to any scheduled hearing date. Counsel is well advised and cautioned to allow sufficient time for case scheduling and prior remittance of fees to insure preservation of hearing date. The retainer agreement is between J.D.R.® and the counsel and/or law firm requesting services and not the counsel and/or law firm’s client or insurance carrier.
J.D.R.® expressly reserves the right to invoice/retain fees commensurate with the below:
1. No charge when all pro rata fees and written notice has been received more than 30 calendar days to the scheduled hearing date.
2. 50% of the total fee is retained and the balance refunded when written notice is received less than15 calendar days prior to the scheduled hearing.
1. No charge and all fees are refunded when written notice is received more than 30 calendar days prior to the scheduled hearing date, less any judicial review previously incurred.
2. 50% of the total fee is retained and the balance is refunded when written notice is receivedless than 30 and more than 15 calendar days prior to the scheduled hearing date.
3. 100% of the hearing fee is retained and the balance is refunded when written notice is received less than 15 calendar days prior to the scheduled hearing.
If additional services are required, including/not limited to: extended time for hearings, review briefs, exhibits, records, documents, motions, pleadings, discovery plans, settlement agreements, telephone conferences, etc. then a Supplemental Invoice may follow base upon the neutral’s hourly fee. Photocopy service, court reporters, additional conference rooms, catering, etc. at standard provider rate. Arbitration awards, rulings, findings, decisions, settlement agreements, etc. are issued upon receipt of all outstanding fees.