Hon. Paul W. Egly
Los Angeles County Superior Court
Well known by trial lawyers and defense counsel alike to be the very best private judge in A.D.R. Judge Egly has been instrumental in creating standards now routine in A.D.R. law. Since 1981 Judge Egly has heard and resolved more disputes in Early Neutral Evaluations, Mediations, Arbitrations, Referee, Special Master and Private Trials than possibly any retired judge.
A panel member of J.D.R. since 1991, Judge Egly has the well deserved reputation among senior and newly admitted lawyers of being one of the best prepared, most intelligent and genuinely likeable private judges in California.
Specialties include: complex constitutional law, employment law, public entity-municipality law, education law, mass tort, catastrophic injury.
- University of California at Los Angeles., B.A. History
- George Washington University Law School, D.C., LL.B
- Admitted to practice Washington, D.C. 1949
- U.S. Occupation Courts Germany 1949-1951
- Admitted to California 1952
- Private practice, Weiner & Egly 1953-1963
- Dean, Professor of Constitutional Law University of La Verne 1970-2004
- Municipal Court Judge Citrus District 1963-1968 by Gov. Pat Brown
- Superior Court Judge Los Angeles 1963-1968 by Gov. Ronald Reagan
- Referee for the Supreme Court of California and District Court of Appeals
- Special master, Receiver for Counties of Los Angeles and San Bernardino
- “Trial Judge of the Year” twice by California Trial Lawyers Association