Robert D. Coviello, Esq.
Robert D. Coviello, Esq. has been a full-time neutral since 2004 and J.D.R. panel member since 2007. He has resolved matters of complex legal issues, very high dollar damages, intensely heated persons, and matters of an extremely sensitive nature involving: professional service firms-legal /medical, breach of employment between licensed physicians and medical providers and carriers, breach of contract with corporate-executive/ management structure, large retail-management/sales, aero-space defense contractor/government entities, software design/intellectual property rights, race/age/discrimination with foreign corporations, class action wage/hour litigation, etc.
Mr. Coviello, Esq. completely understands the heightened sense of stress between employer and employee and has shown consistent ability to repair and reinforce business relationships. Some observations as to his style include: “extremely well prepared” “always up on the law” “respectful and attentive listener” “fair” “not afraid to disagree or ask the difficult questions”.
- Wartburg College, BA 1974
- Western State University, J.D. 1980
- AAA Employment Arbitrator Training 2000
- Employment Arbitrator II 2002
Extensive civil litigation: representation of both management and individuals. litigated over 50 jury trials, expert witness/neutral and representation of clients in over 100 mediations matters including: wrongful termination, breach of contract, Labor Code 970, Business & Professions Code17200, Government Code 12940, FMLA, wage/hour, DFEH/EEOC claims, discrimination/harassment, whistle blower/retaliation, medical leave/disability/severance, exempt/non-exempt, etc.
- Bradshaw & Andres, LLP 1980-1982
- Law Offices of Robert D. Coviello 1982-present
- “How to Litigate a Claim before a Jury in California” Lorman Publ. 2004
- “Advanced Course Study: Critical issues in Employment Litigation” CEB 2004
- “Maximizing Your Results in Mediation” CEB 2003
- “Advanced Course Study: Critical issues in Employment Litigation” CEB 2002
- “Employment Law Update” AAA 2002
- “Arbitration & Mediation of Employment Disputes” AAA 2000
- “Investigating the Sexual Harassment Complaint” AAA 2000