Hon. Bernard Kaufman
Los Angeles Superior Court
- U.C.L.A., Political Science, B.A.
- U.C.L.A., School of Law, LLB
- Gainsley, Winkler, Kaufman & Ward 1975: probate trust litigation, transactional business and corporate, employment-labor, financial institutions, real estate, retail, manufacturing, family law
- Burbank Municipal Court appointed 1976
- Los Angeles Superior Court elected 1986 served until 1994
- Los Angeles Central, Van Nuys and Lancaster Probate Department, Civil Fast Track: business, employment, medical malpractice, real estate, torts, insurance, bad faith
- Los Angeles Superior Court executive committee
J.D.R. panel member since 1996. Business disputes: commercial contracts, corporate dissolutions mergers & consolidations, evaluations, buy-sell agreements, etc. Real estate: non-disclosure, broker fiduciary duties, landlord-tenant Probate: trust & will contests, estate planning, taxation, referee,etc. Employment-labor: wrongful termination, sexual harassment, gender, racial, age discrimination, wage & hour, violation of policy Medical malpractice: standard of care, surgical, cosmetic care, health care provider law, retained as single neutral arbitrator only Professional liability: legal malpractice, accounting malpractice Public entity: Attorney General's office, State Bar, Cal Trans Tort: personal injury, products liability, automobile, class action Homeowner association: CC&R violations, member-board disputes
Mediator, Arbitrator, Discovery Referee, Special Master: Judge Bernard Kaufman has resolved thousands of disputes and remains one of the most requested and reserved neutrals. He is well known for his attention to detail, and preparedness. Hallmarks of his ADR style are his good natured personality marked by his patience, gentleness and kindness to all persons in Mediation and his judicial temperance, adherence to the law and total fairness in Arbitrations.