Richard W. Millar, Jr., Esq.
Mediator & Arbitrator
- University of San Francisco School of Law J.D. Law Review, Moot Court
- Western State College of Law (Honorary) J.D.
- Supreme Court of California, U.S. District Courts: Central, Southern, Northern
- Supreme Court of the United States, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Friedman, Stoffe & Gerard, Of Counsel - present
- Millar, Hodges & Bemis 1979 - 2017
- Millar & Heckman 1975 - 1978
- Eilers Stewart Pangman & Millar 1972 - 1975
- Iverson & Hogoboom 1967 - 1972
- Los Angeles District Attorney 1966 - 1967
Professional practice: litigation, business disputes, appellate, probate, real estate, legal malpractice, professional liability, homeowner association.
- Darling, Inc. v. Controlled Environments Construction (89CalApp4th1221)
- Canal Randolph Anaheim v. Wilkowski (103CalApp3rd)
- Askew v. Askew (22CalApp4th942)
Memberships, Honors, Awards
- Orange County Bar Association: Chair Business Litigation Section 1981
- Chair Judiciary Committee 1988, 1990, 1991, 2010; OCBA President 2002
- Former Director Charitable Fund; Director Master's Division 2012-present
- Recipient of the "2016 Franklin G. West Award"
- American Bar Association: Litigation, Senior Lawyers, House of Delegates
- American Bar Foundation: Sustaining Life Fellow
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Member
- Western State College of Law Board of Advisors 2004-present
- Peter Elliott Inn of Court: President 2014
- Authored 160 columns "Millar's JurisDiction" Orange County Lawyer Magazine
- Martindale AV rated pre-eminent 35 yrs; Millar, Hodges, Bemis AVVO rated:10
- Bluffs Homeowners Assn and Newport Hills Comm. Assn. Past President
50 years of litigation practice, 100+ trials, 50+ appeals, and served as Superior Court Temporary Judge in civil trials, law & motion, mandatory settlement conferences. He has served privately and is available as: Arbitrator, Mediator, Early Neutral Evaluator, and Discovery Referee in matters involving: complex business disputes, appellate, probate, real estate, legal malpractice, etc.
Jurist and Attorney Testimonials
"Dick epitomizes the best of the legal profession"
"Attorney of the old school - a paragon of civility"
"Great knowledge of the law"
"Works tirelessly... kind hearted and good natured"
"He will offer learned advice or a sympathetic ear"
"Mr. Millar uses humor and compassion in his ADR style.