Gil Jones, Esq.
Mediator & Arbitrator
- Yale University, B.E., Mechanical Engineering 1947
- University of Michigan Law School 1948-1949
- U.C.L.A. Law School, J.D. 1956
- Admitted to: U.S. Supreme Court, all California State and Federal Courts
- Overton, Lyman & Prince, member and partner 1956 -1961
- Bonne, Jones & Bridges, founding partner 1961 - 1989
- Bonne, Jones & Bridges, of counsel 1990 – 1992
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith, LLP of counsel 1990 – present
- Judicial Dispute Resolution, Inc., Mediator, Arbitrator 2004-present
- Diplomate of the American Board of Trial Advocates 1963, Los Angeles Chapter President 1980, National President 1988-1989
- Fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers 1973
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers 1974
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Orange County Bar Association
- Medical Economics Survey of 1985 voted “Six Best” medical malpractice defense attorneys in the U.S.
- Named 1999 California “Trial Lawyer of the Year” by the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Listed by Naifeh & Smith in the “Best Lawyers in America” 1983 - present.
Litigation & A.D.R.
Gil Jones has handled thousands of cases of: medical malpractice, legal malpractice, products liability, pharmaceutical liability, engineering and design defect, medical and professional partnership dissolution, legal partnership dissolution, goodwill/trade secrets/unfair competition, complex business disputes and insurance bad faith.
Mr. Jones has tried to a conclusion in excess of 175 jury trials before all courts including the California Appellate Courts and the Supreme Court. He has acted as an Expert Witness, a Judge Pro Tem, Settlement Officer, Arbitrator, Mediator and is a Member of the CA Statewide Bench-Bar Consortium on Trial Court Delay Reduction.
Gil Jones is one of the most respected and requested neutrals in California for all matters of complex litigation in every facet of ADR. Mr. Jones is selected both as the single neutral and as a party arbitrator in medical malpractice, legal malpractice and complex business arbitrations. As a Mediator he is widely recognized for his in-depth preparedness, acute listening skills, attention to detail, calm respectful manner with difficult parties in contentious disputes and proven ability to overcome deadlock.