Paul J. Weinberg, Esq.
Paul J. Weinberg became a J.D.R. neutral in 2009 and has been a full time neutral since 2003.
1979 to 2003, his law practice in Orange County practice specialized in real estate, title, leasing, and real property development matters. In 1998 Paul was routinely retained as a neutral for architectural and real property disputes. He has developed a well-earned reputation for resolving complex architectural, engineering and construction site disputes. Since 1998, Paul has resolved disputes including: architecture, design, zoning, code compliance, engineering, structural failure, construction standards, change orders, insurance coverage, etc. arising in the development of large commercial construction and multiple, planned unit development (HOA) residential design.
Paul is a member of the American Institute of Architects and has lectured at their national A.I.A. convention five times. He is also a member of the Society of Architectural Historians. Paul has lectured for the Continuing Education of the Bar since 1988 on topics as Major Real Property Acquisitions, Real Property Sales Transactions, Real Estate Broker Practice and Real Property Remedies. Paul wrote the chapter on Quiet Title in CEB’s treatise, Real Property Remedies and Damages, a recognized and heavily-used reference by California real estate lawyers. As faculty he taught Civil Trial Practice at the University of California, Hastings College of Law.
Education and Professional Affiliations
- Pepperdine University’s Straus Institute of Dispute Resolution, Malibu, CA
- University of California, Irvine, Mediation Training
- 1979 J. D., University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California.
- 1975 B. A., Political Science, Magna cum Laude, University of California, San Diego
- 1979 to 2003- Law practice with emphasis in real estate, litigation and related transactions
- 1995 to present- Expert witness and consultant, industry expert in the field of real estate law.
- 1998 to present- Private Mediation Practice, specializing in residential and commercial real property issues, purchase and sale, disclosure, architectural and engineering malpractice and construction defect.
- American Inns of Court; Barrister
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Institute of Architects
- Society of Architectural Historians
- Lambda Alpha International
- Orange County Chapter
- Laguna Beach Architectural Guild
- State of California Real Estate Broker's license