Scott A. Smith, Esq.
Arbitrator & Mediator
- U.C.L.A., B.A. Political Science
- California State University Fullerton, Post Graduate
- Loyola University School of Law, J.D., Deans List, Law Review
Emphasis upon general negligence, personal injury, public entity, municipality liability, premises liability, products liability, professional liability, construction defect, business disputes, employment
Ethics and Judiciary Committee Orange County Bar Association
- Admitted to the California and Federal Bar 1974
- Assistant City Attorney, the City of Placentia 1974
- Senior Partner, Alevizon, Smith, Lawrence & Palafox 1975-2002
- Senior Partner, Smith & Susson, LLP 2002-present
- ABOTA: American Board of Trial Advocates Officer
- Rutter Group Lecturer
Mr. Smith has served as an Arbitrator and Judge Pro Tem for the Orange County Superior Court having heard and resolved numerous disputes including but not limited to: personal injury, public entity, premises liability, products liability, as well as complex business disputes.
Mr. Smith is well known throughout the bench and bar as: fair, patient and conscientious. His Mediation style includes tireless and creative dispute resolution. His Arbitration style is to follow the CCCP or FRCP when required and modification when so stipulated by all counsel and parties, to allow total issue development, liberal cross-examination and full closing arguments. Mr. Smith has been an independent and non-exclusive J.D.R. panel member since 1997. A.D.R. assignments are limited to travel within Southern California.
- U.C.L.A. Chancellor’s Associates
- U.C.L.A. Alumni Association
- Coach of Villa Park Little League
- Coach of National Junior Basketball